INVITATION OF PARTICIPATE AT CVL WALK FOR TRANSPARENCY, ANTI-CORRUPTION AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN GOVERNANCE.
Centre for Values in Leadership (CVL) with support from Macarthur Foundation is pleased to invite you to participate at the Walk the Talk Road Show aimed at promoting good governance in Nigeria.
Walk The Talk is a value re-orientation outreach programme, a change movement initiative of CVL, which was set up to preach leadership values while reaching out to correct some social, economic and political challenges in our society today. This is in keeping with our mandate to ensure sustainable leadership, good citizenship, and governance in Nigeria. The programme will involve a roadshow/walk starting from our offices here on Victoria Island, through Ozumba Mbadiwe with four stops, speeches and finally culminating with an inspirational movie at Silverbird galleria. The sensitization campaign aims to ensure that elected officeholders provide basic amenities such as water, healthcare services and schools to the electorate which are some of their promises during campaign.
Participation is FREE! However, participants are expected to register at the link below and they are to pick up their Walk-the-Talk kit (Branded T-Shirt, Face Cap, Wrist band, Troll Bag, water, and movie ticket) on the event date at CVL office 6 Balarabe Musa Crescent Victoria Island, Lagos.
Please note that the movie tickets are few and reserved for only the first 100 people to register for the walk.
The programme has been scheduled as follows;
Date: Saturday, January 18, 2019
Assembling point: CVL Building, 6 Balarabe Musa Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
Time: 7.00 am prompt
For participation, kindly register at bit.ly/cvlwalkthetalk3
Our Strategy for execution include:
Our Strategy during the Walk-The-Talk Road Show will include:
· Using branded T-shirts with inscriptions “transparency”, “accountability”, “good road & water”, “better administration for a better country”, “stop corruption”, “good healthcare & schools’’ etc., to engage the masses.
· Creation of public awareness through the distribution of fliers containing information on good governance with music, banners, and press coverage.
· The Road Walk will start from CVL Building | through Civic Centre | Raddison Blu | Bonny Camp | Silverbird Galleria, where at each stop individual Role Models will give a motivational speech. The walk terminates at the cinema to encourage a relaxed mood in learning culture while driving home a very positive message.
The key objectives of this walk are:
- To foster a renewed interest of Nigerians in Promoting Good Governance and consequently creating an environment that strengthens the rule of law and human rights, gender equality, appropriate distribution of power and macro-economic stability.
- To create a platform where our political office holders can be engaged in the form of town hall meetings and critical evaluation of what they have done so far.
- To promote citizen participation in governance and strengthen our democracy
- To hold our political office holders accountable and encourage them to walk their talk