The CVL Annual Lecture Series is one of the most important programmes of CVL and a key instrument we have adopted to constructively contribute to nation building and national development since 2004. The lecture attracts a huge number of high profile guests – MD’s and CEO, Captains of Industries, young and old, drawn from the public, corporate and business sectors in Nigeria. At this event, which holds every February 6, we assemble noted thought leaders and renowned experts from around the world to discuss topics relevant to our country’s economic and socio-political development.
Prominent among our past speakers are:
- Prof Richard Joseph, Director of African Studies at North Western University, USA, and former Special Adviser to US President Jimmy Carter
- Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, The Sultan of Sokoto
- Prof Ibrahim Gambari, Former Under-Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the UN Secretary General
- Prof Peter Lewis, Director of African Studies at Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Lady Olga Maitland, MP (Sutton & Cheam) UK
- Richard Dowden, Director, The Royal African Society and Former African Editor of the Economist
- Comrade Adams Oshiomole, Former Governor of Edo State
- Babatunde Raji Fashola, Former Governor of Lagos State.
- Donald Duke, Former Governor of Cross River State
- Jerry Weller, Seven Term US Congressman
- Oby Ezekwesili, Former Minister of Education, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah, Bishop of Sokoto Catholic Diocese
- Akinwumi Adesina, Former Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Jean-Louis Ekra, Former President Afrexim Bank
- Peter Obi, Former Governor of Anambra State
- Prof Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Rev Fr Dr. Godfrey Nzamujo, Founder/Director, Songhai Farms
- Paul Kagame, President of Rwanda
- Prof Paul Collier, Professor of Economics
- Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, Governor Lagos State
SUCCESS STORY OF THE CVL ANNUAL LECTURE/INTERNATIONAL LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM
Over the years, the CVL Annual Lecture/International Leadership Symposium has served as a good platform for great intellectual discourse and a think point for national issues. At this event, we assemble noted thought leaders and renowned experts from around the world to discuss topics relevant to our country’s economic and socio-political development. This lecture has achieved a lot, a few of them are listed below:
- The 2014 CVL Annual Lecture under the national youth transformation agenda gave birth to the Entrepreneurship Community Mentoring programme in Ajegunle titled: the Young Entrepreneurs Training Programme in partnership with Citi Foundation, BOI and Heritage Bank.
- The Annual Lecture has affected the formulation of many national policies and opinions in Education, Agriculture, Elections, Job Creation, Youth Development etc
- It has served as a valuable platform for values-transmission and leadership development especially for the youth who are well represented every year.
- It has served as a great tool for objective assessment of development in Nigeria, at the local, state and national level
- It has always served as wonderful networking platform and meeting point for young people and role models and has given birth to many mentor and mentee relationships
- It has given birth to many life-transforming programmes in CVL like the Role Model Forum, The Leader Without Title Tribute Colloquium, The Young Entrepreneurs Mentoring Forum, The Walk The Talk Initiative etc that have impacted more than 10,000 lives.
Photos from the 2017 Annual Lecture/International Leadership Symposium