THE PANECEA: CVL Young Entrepreneurs Mentoring Forum (YEMF)
In our usual way of contributing to solving social problems in Nigeria, CVL has introduced the Young Entrepreneurs Mentoring Forum (YEMF), to complement government effort to building new businesses and curb unemployment in Nigeria through diverse entrepreneurship development programmes. Secondly, to awaken the entrepreneurial spirit of young people through capacity building, mentoring, networking, linkages and financial access to micro-finance and government assisted entrepreneurship capacity building programmes.
What is YEMF-Young Entrepreneurs Mentoring Forum?
YEMF is a CVL practical entrepreneurship development programme initiated to provide expert business solutions and support (technical, information, and access to financial links) to young people who are into business or have intention to own and run a sustainable enterprise.
The main features of the YEMF Programme are:
- Business Training/Capacity Building:
- Building CVL Entrepreneurship Network and Financial Links:To provide member-based financial services such as links to Bank of Industry (BoI), Bank of Agriculture (BoA), SMEDAN, and other Micro-finance Banks;
YEMF Methodology or Project Approach
- YEMF holds every 1st TUESDAY of the month from 4:00pm-6:00pm at CVL Office, 6 Balarabe Musa Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos
- Four Business Skills Trainings (Business Ideas, Business Planning, Business SIMULATION, Savings & Loan, Record Keeping, Branding, Advertisement, Market Research, and Product Marketing) per year-March-June, September, December
- Eight Mentoring & Experience sharing Forums every year on 1st Tuesdays of every month.
- YEMF Assessment Centre holds every 6-months (CVL will bring in 4 assessment panelists) to discuss issues and challenges in young entrepreneurs business enterprises
At the end of each mentoring and training sessions, young entrepreneurs and emerging business owners will get:
- Increased knowledge of business ideas, values, inspiration, and self-discovery in entrepreneurship through mentoring and experience sharing.
- Enhanced business management skills which will enable young entrepreneurs to establish, run, and manage sustainable business enterprises
- Increased leveraging of business ideas and expertise among Young entrepreneurs and emerging business owners through networking, learning and experience sharing
- Increased access to financial opportunities through linkages to banks and other Micro-finance Houses for start-up capital or for business expansion purpose.
- Reduction in unemployment as more and more young people go into entrepreneurship development.
YEMF is open to whoever falls under any of these group:
- Those who want to generate business ideas for establishing a business
- Those who want to be self-employed / start their own businesses
- Those who want to produce marketable business plans
- Those want to expand existing businesses
- Those who want to obtain loans for businesses expansion/investment
How do I participate?
To participate, you must subscribe to the YEMF Entrepreneurship Network with an annual subscription fee of N30, 000.00
Non-members of the YEMF Network will pay a minimum of N20, 000.00 for each of the quarterly business training/capacity building sessions while YEMF members will get 50% discount on all trainings
Starting Date: Tuesday, November 4, 2014. Hurry now to subscribe.