CVL (Centre for Values in Leadership) is a not-for-profit organization set up on the March 10, 2004. Our goal is to equip generations of young people with values and leadership skills, which will make them become effective, values-driven leaders that will serve as catalysts for improvement of the quality of life in our society.
To be a global Centre of excellence for leadership development.
To bridge the gap between knowledge and results in our society by empowering young people with leadership skills and values to enable them make lasting contributions in our society in the areas of entrepreneurship, business, civil society, community development and public life.
Shaping our world, one mind at a time.
Professionalism, Excellence, Service, Knowledge, Honesty, Integrity, Commitment, Team Spirit
At the heart of the CVL mission is the elevation of the dignity of the human person, beginning from Nigeria. The sense of a great duty and a big burden to improve the quality of life of young people, in our society, by building good values in them, led to the setting up of a Centre for Values in leadership. The idea is to provide young people tools that will improve their quality of life and drastically transform them, such that they become walking blessings to others. The vehicle for achieving that would be the talents of young men and women who we will train to become leaders by acquiring knowledge and building the character of service in them through initiatives that improve the conditions of others.
For about a dozen years we have been working towards creating an environment for the enhancement of life of young people. The sense of a great duty and a big burden to improve the quality of life of these young people led to the setting up of a Centre for Values in Leadership more than a dozen years ago. The idea is to provide them tools that will improve their quality of life and drastically transform them, such that they become walking blessings to others. In the bid to realize this, we have created values-transmission and leadership development programmes targeted at young people which we deliver from our centre in Lagos. Prominent among them are:
- Leadership and Educational Programmes
- Annual International Leadership Symposium
- Basic & Values Education Project
- Step Up Academy – A Higher Education Enterprise and Mentoring Project
- Role Model Forum
- Leader Without Title Series
- Civic Leadership Programme
- Women and Youth Empowerment Programmes
- Widows Support Initiative
- Young Entrepreneurship Training Programme (Community Development Based Project)
- Young Entrepreneurship Training Programme (Open Training Project)
- Research and Advocacy Programmes
- Good Governance Project
- National Thought Leadership & Think Tank Initiative
- Networking Sessions
- Training Institute
- Open Short Term Certificated Courses
- Long Term Certificated Courses
- Induction for New Employees
- Corporate Renewal Retreats
- Implant Corporate Trainings
- Seminars, Workshops and Conferences
- Executive Leadership Consultancy